We have upgraded our billing system to provide you with more detailed information on your water and/or sewer bill. Roll your cursor over the numbers on the sample bill below for complete explanations.
- The customer number is a permanent number that follows you if you relocate within our service area.
- The account number is assigned to the service location. Use this number when contacting us.
- The date that the bill is calculated.
- The date that your payment is due.
- The service for which the meter details are showing (i.e. water & sewer or irrigation).
- Your meter number.
- The end date and end reading from the previous reading period.
- The end date and reading from the current billing period.
- The ending read date for the current billing period and the previous 12 billing periods.
- The number of days in the billing period for the current period and the previous 12 periods.
- Your usage in gallons for the current billing period and the previous 12 billing periods. To calculate your usage for the current billing period, subtract your current reading (#8 above) and your previous reading (#7 above) and multiply by 100 (the water meter reading is per 100 gallons). For this example it would be 2,801-2,753 = 48 X 100 = 4,800 gallons.
- This section contains your previous balance and any charges/credits since your prior billing statement and before your current charges.
- This section represents the current charges for all meters at this customer number:
– The Thad Coleman Fund is a voluntary round-up program that helps low-income people obtain water and sewer services. To sign up for the round up program or to obtain information about qualification, please contact our Customer Service Department.
– Please see the rates section of our website for the current water and sewer rates for base and volume charges.
– BJWSA handles the billing for garbage and recycling fees for the City of Beaufort and the Town of Port Royal. If you have any questions regarding these fees or services, DO NOT contact BJWSA – please contact your local municipal government.
- Read this section for important messages from BJWSA.
- In order to remain cost effective, BJWSA utilizes a secure lockbox to process the payments for our nearly 50,000 customers. Please send your stub in with your payment to ensure timely processing.
- This is the box that you write the amount that you are paying towards your bill. If you see the following, please do not remit payment.
AUTO DRAFT – You are enrolled in our auto-draft program so your balance due will be drafted on your due date.
CREDIT BALANCE – Your account has a credit balance and no payment is necessary for this billing period.