BEAUFORT-JASPER WATER AND SEWER AUTHORITY
FISCAL YEAR 2019-2020 OPERATING BUDGET
Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held before the Members of the Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, the 14th day of May 2019. The hearing will be held at the office of Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority, which is located at 6 Snake Road, Okatie, SC. The purpose of the public hearing will be to allow members of the public to express their views regarding the proposed operating budget for Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority for Fiscal Year 2019-2020. All persons who attend the public hearing will be given an opportunity to speak. Copies of the proposed budget are available at the Authority office. A copy may also be obtained from the Authority’s website at www.bjwsa.org. As required by Section 6-1-80, Code of Laws South Carolina, 1976, as amended, the public is advised of the following:
- The budget of Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority for the current Fiscal Year calls for revenues of $66,669,580 and expenses of $63,369,580.
- The proposed budget of Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 calls for total projected revenues of $72,522,000, operating expenses of $64,417,000 and non-operating expenses of $3,105,000. These amounts include non-operating revenue, capacity fees, contributed capital, depreciation and interest expense. Annual Capital Improvement Program Spending, which is included in the Capital Budget, is not included.
- The proposed revenues for the Fiscal Year 2019-2020 operating budget of Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority are comparable to revenues from the operating budget for the current Fiscal Year.
- Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority has proposed changes to its schedule of ancillary fees and charges effective July 1, 2019. Customer water and sewer rates are proposed to increase effective July 1, 2019. The average residential water and sewer customer (7kg) is projected to receive an increase of $3.23 or 3.7% on their total monthly bill. A complete schedule of the proposed new rates is included in the budget.
- Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority does not levy ad valorem property taxes. The Authority relies on user charges to meet its operational needs.